Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Birthday Presents

Authored by Leandro Delgado

One of the most difficult parts of living in a rural location is shopping. It’s hard for me to carve out time to drive to the mall, because it ends up being an all-day affair. I have always been known to have a phenomenal ability to remember birthdaysand to send a perfect present, but that stopped for a while once we moved to our current house. It was just so hard to shop for the perfect present and drive all the way home. I knew online shopping would be a perfect solution, but we unfortunately did not have home internet access. I know that’s hard to believe, but I didn’t think we had any options based on where we lived. Luckily, a good friend recommended we check out a local rural internet service. I partially think she just missed her awesome birthday presents each year. Whatever her motivation, I’m glad she passed the information along. Thanks to my new ability to shop online, I’m back to being a wonderful gift giving friend. And I couldn’t be happier. My husband isn’t as enthused with the fact that I spend so much money on my gifts, but he is ok with it for the most part, since it makes me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment