Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting used to thrift shopping

Guest post written by Alice Stephenson

I kind of had an aversion to thrift shopping until about a year or so ago when my best friend told me that she was tired of hearing me say "ew" every time she said she found something cool at a thrift store. She did have a great point and she is my best friend so I agreed and I've added quite a few pieces of thrifted clothing to my wardrobe as a result.

But I don't trust myself to go thrifting by myself. That would be far too dangerous. I'm kind of an impulse buyer so combining that with the cheap price tags will really mean trouble if I don't have someone there to warn me against going crazy. I also use my Clear Greensboro to find new thrift shops and vintage stores in my area. I go to there a lot less than places like Goodwill though because most of the times those have higher prices.

But I also like to use thrift shopping as a way to buy new decorations for my house. It's just so much more interesting that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment