Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Home Alone

Guest post from: Bruno Smith

As a single parent, I can’t always be home with my teenagers. Sometimes one of them will have a sporting event or school function the other is not involved in and the one who isn’t involved doesn’t want to go.

Not that I blame them. How many of your brother’s band concerts did you want to go to? And how many basketball games of your sister’s could you tolerate sitting through?

To make myself feel better when I couldn’t be home I ordered Home Security California. I made sure both kids were home when the technician installed the system so they could get the same instruction I did on how to use it. There are several different settings depending on whether you are home or away and I wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing when arming and disarming it.

So far no false alarms and everyone is comfortable using it. I knew that if the kids weren’t comfortable using it they wouldn’t set it. And as we all know, an unset alarm isn’t going to do anyone any good!

No comments:

Post a Comment