Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Brand New City

Guest post from Joseph Sandoval

When my boss first told me that the company wanted to transfer me, I was unsure how to react. I have lived on the east coast my whole life, and I had never been to Chicago before the transfer. As with any major change, I thought about it long and hard for a couple of days. The decision was made much easier in that the company could not guarantee my job if I did not agree to the transfer.

My company compensates me very well, and I have always heard good things about our Chicago offices. I decided to transfer, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love the city, and I was told that I would be here for a minimum of five years to help start up a new division.

I decided to buy a home here. I purchased my home security system through ADT chicago, and I have settled in very nicely to my new city and my new responsibilities.

Big changes such as moving across the country are scary, but this has been a great change for me. I have met a lot of great people here and am glad to be in this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment