Saturday, March 17, 2012

Smart budget prom shopping

Guest post written by Mary Sherman

Going shopping for almost anything can really add up. But I don't think that I ever full realized that until I took our oldest daughter prom dress shopping a few years ago. Now I fully understand and am already prepared this time around for our second oldest daughter's first prom. We're a little more cash strapped this time around and I want to make sure that we don't go over the budget, but that also my daughter gets her prom dream.

I think that we're going to have to make sure that we have a clear budget for each different part of shopping and hair, makeup, etc. before the big day. I was doing some research on realistic expectations for each of these when I saw some info on http://debtcounseling.bankrupt.com/. Once I looked through it a little bit I decided to check it out and see if it would apply to our financial situation.

We're starting off our budget prom shopping at the mall. I've already cut out a few things, including a manicure and pedicure. We have enough nail polish to do that at home anyway. Let's hope that we can pull this off on our small budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment