Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Have Your Say in a Self-Published Book

Let's face it -- most of us with any life experience at all have plenty to say. We've got advice, instruction, inspiration, motivation, and some hilarious/educational life experiences. For the most part, we share all this with friends and family, but lately a lot of people I've never met in person --only via the internet-- have asked me to compile some of my tips for self-sufficiency into a book.

With their encouragement, I've started working on just such a book. From my research, however, I've realized that one can even make some extra money with a self-published book. Amazon's Kindle program seems to be easy enough to use, and I've run across quite a few others that I may also try out.

The catch is that books need covers --nice, professional-looking, eye-catching covers-- and I'm no artist. While searching for 'book cover template' I ran across Book Cover Pro. Now this program does cost a bit of money, but less than what I'd paid an artist to create a cover for me. And if I should end up writing and self-publishing more than one book, I've saved a ton of cash by purchasing Book Cover Pro.

I've been playing with it a bit and am happily surprised by how easily this old country woman mastered the art of creating original book covers.

Those of you who are looking for a way to bring in extra income might want to think about this: get Book Cover Pro, offer your book cover design services for a little less than the going rate, and you could probably do a steady business. I've also signed up as a affiliate with BCP -- something that might interest you, as well. (Just CLICK HERE)

Even if you aren't interested in going into the design business, think about publishing your own wisdom. Share what you've learned with others who are just getting started on the journey to self-sufficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment